Mission and Vision
Vision and Mission Statements of the Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries (CISSL)
All young people and educators have access to information and technology-rich learning communities that prepare them through Guided Inquiry, reading and digital literacy to live and work in a globally networked world.
Through its research and development program, the Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries (CISSL) in the School of Communication & Information at Rutgers University seeks to transform education through inquiry learning. CISSL aims to provide the arena that will:
- Inspire learning and creativity of students;
- Enhance effective teaching through inquiry learning;
- Focus on Guided Inquiry, reading and literacy in digital environments;
- Support school libraries as instructional centers for the development of 21st century skills;
- Provide professional development that brings CISSL’s research and findings to the educational community;
- Transform schools into 21st century information and technology rich learning centers.